DPW crews will be applying anti-icing products that will help prevent the bonding of snow and ice to the roadway. Anti-icing is a pro-active approach to winter road maintenance.
- Reduces the environmental impacts of chloride use for snow and ice control.
- Snow and ice control cost savings results in benefits to the Village and the public.
- Improved winter roadway conditions.
- Reduces labor hours, fuel consumption, and wear on equipment.
- Potentially decreases application of annual salt application by 20% to 30%.
Following of Snow Plows
WI Statute Chapter 346.915 prohibits a person operating a vehicle from following an official snowplow, equipped & engaged in snow & ice control/removal, closer than 75 feet when on any roadway having a posted speed limit of 35 mph or less. Highways with posted speeds of more than 35 mph require a minimum of 200 feet following distance. It also requires a person operating a vehicle to stop not less than 20 feet from a snowplow at an intersection & to remain stopped until the snowplow resumes motion.